Thursday, June 20, 2013

Staying strong ~ Summer

Hey guys! I was delighted to read the earlier post from Genna, and I'm glad to read of all the exhilarating adventures she's had. My past two days and week in general have been on a record breaker for feeling fatigued, probably due to the stress from timing at a meet yesterday ( which wont be happening again soon, or for that team any how.) And my tip is do NOT go run four miles before hand. I've accomplished five days of swimming ( as of tomorrow ), 3 days of weight lifting, one day of physical therapy, and about 10 miles of running. I'd say that for me, that's pretty darn good. Although I have to keep reminding myself of what exactly I go to swim practice for, ( focusing on me, instead of what OTHERS are thinking of me.) and telling myself that I'm giving 110% of everything I've got, and one day it's all going to pay off. Once Genna finally comes back, her and I will be hitting up the gym for some seriously needed girl time. My favorite quote - " Don't look at how far you still have to go, rather, look at how far you've come." - Unknown to me. That quote really motivates me to get through my toughest workouts/days. Another favorite of mine - " Where there is a desire there is gonna be a flame, where there is a flame some ones bound  to get burned, but just because it burns doesn't mean your gonna die, you gotta get up and try, try, try." - P!nk. have a lovely night x ~ Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment