Friday, June 21, 2013

Mind over matter

In life you have to experience bad weeks, months, or even years to know what true happiness is. Period. God has given you this life because he knows that you are strong enough to conquer anything that comes across your path, and after all, bad times never really last. You only get one chance at life, so why not make the best of it? laugh over the smallest things, save all your tears for the big things, and never be too hard on yourself. Go ahead, be silly! make mistakes! regret nothing! at one point and time it was exactly what you wanted, what you thought was best, and in the end the only one who could possibly judge us is God himself. Never take life to seriously or to fast. Countless times I would find myself in the bathroom, looking at my reflection, thinking why? why me? Why can't I be good enough or why can't I look like that, be that, or why can't things just stay the same? I felt trapped in my own mind endlessly judging and discriminating myself over the tiniest things that now, don't even matter to me. Most of it was all in my head. One thing led to another, just digging myself deeper into the same rut, when one day I decided enough was ENOUGH. I had to pull myself together and see and start believing that I am beautiful for being who I am, that I am strong, strong enough to live this life and see the divine, nourishing beauty of life in itself. I try to help others to see this in them as well, and inspire them to create a better life for themselves, whatever that may be. Quote - " Be strong when you are weak, brave when you are scared, and humble when you are victorious." - unknown. I hope this inspires you to be the best YOU you could possibly be! ~ Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment